If you use an Xbox Live enabled game (or app through your Xbox console), Microsoft may share information with the publisher of that game or app in order to deliver your online experiences, improve the game or app, diagnose problems, provide support, and connect you with other users.
Information we share may include:
- limited Microsoft account data such as country and age range;
- Xbox profile data such as user id, gamertag, gamer profile, and avatars;
- data about your game play or app session, including achievements unlocked, time spent in the game or app, presence, game statistics and rankings, and enforcement activity about you in the game or app;
- social data, including club memberships; friends, other users you have played with, and information about your interactions and communications;
- data about the game or app’s performance on the console, including error reports;
- content you create, upload or share in the game, app or within Xbox Live;
- other data, like gamerpics and real name, that you choose to share based on your settings or by providing additional consent.
Third party game and app publishers and developers are independent controllers of this data, and their data collection, use and sharing practices are governed by their privacy policies. Please take time to review their policies; you may find these linked from the product detail pages of the games or apps in the Microsoft Store. For games and apps published by Microsoft, please visit privacy.microsoft.com.
If you want to stop sharing game or app data with a publisher, remove all its games or apps from all devices where you have them installed. Another way to stop sharing data is to use your game or app offline: simply sign out of Xbox Live or switch your console to offline mode. Note that games and apps requiring Xbox Live sign-in may not operate in this mode. Some publishers’ access to your data may also be revoked by visiting https://microsoft.com/consent.
For more information about our privacy practices, visit privacy.microsoft.com.