"Do your best, and forget the rest."—Tony Horton
Football season may be over, but fitness season is year round. Tips to get back into a fitness routine.
- Find a friend. Your odds for success go way up when you create accountability through training with friends and family.
- Be consistent. Exercising only two to three days a week just doesn’t work. Try that philosophy with sleeping, eating, and brushing your teeth, and see how well that turns out.
- Plan it. Schedule all of your workouts in advance. Plan it, and you’ll do it; wing it, and you won’t.
- Add variety. Choose training techniques that take you out of your comfort zone, which will force you to work on your weaknesses. This will help prevent boredom and injuries, and improve your results in a shorter period of time.
- Find the yin. Sleeping, massage, meditation, and stress management, etcetera, are the cornerstone of a fit and healthy lifestyle. The discipline of training intensely also requires the discipline of healing and recovery time.