The Xbox 360 Tools and Middleware Program licenses the Xbox 360 Development Kit to professional software developers working on tools and middleware for games. Once accepted into the program, these companies are allowed to share and distribute their Xbox 360 technologies with other licensed Xbox 360 developers and publishers.
- Participation in the Xbox 360 Tools and Middleware Program is generally restricted to those companies with good industry references and with prior experience in the games tools and middleware technologies field. If you represent a startup company, you may still be considered if the team is made up of experienced individuals, and/or you have sufficient industry interest in using your technology on our platform.
- Applications for entry to the Xbox 360 Tools and Middleware Program may be requested by emailing contact information and a brief description of the products and company to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your initial mail is received, if your proposal is of interest, you will be contacted.
- Developers will be required to execute a non-disclosure agreement with Microsoft prior to being considered for the program.
- Following review and acceptance of a submission form, selected applicants will be sent a license agreement, which must be executed before access to the development hardware and software can be granted.
- Acceptance into the Xbox 360 Tools and Middleware Program in no way implies any endorsement by Microsoft of the developer or their work.
- NO XBOX SOFTWARE PRODUCT(S) MAY BE PUBLISHED, OR DISTRIBUTED TO END USERS, EXCEPT BY A LICENSED PUBLISHER PURSUANT TO AN XBOX DEVELOPMENT KIT AND XBOX PUBLISHER LICENSE AGREEMENT EXECUTED BY MICROSOFT.
If you are considering submitting ideas for Xbox 360 tools and middleware to us, please review Microsoft’s submissions policy.