If you are a resident of Australia, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand and Singapore, the Promoter is, and you contract with, Microsoft Regional Sales Corporation. The laws of Singapore govern this contract.
If you are a resident of Taiwan, the Promoter is, and you contract with, Microsoft Taiwan Corporation. The laws of Taiwan govern this contract.
If you are a resident of Korea, the Promoter is, and you contract with, Microsoft Korea, Inc. The laws of the Republic of Korea govern this contract.
- All residents of Australia, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan and Korea are eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- You must be an Xbox LIVE Gold member in good standing for the Promotion.
- You must be at least 18 years old (or age of majority in your country of residence) to participate in the Promotion.
- Employees and independent contractors (and each of their immediate family members) of Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
Government Gift and Ethics Policies.
Microsoft is committed to complying with Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering the Promotion or accepting any prize.
- The Promotion starts at 00:00 GMT+8 on 24 September 2013 and ends at 23:59 GMT+8 on 14 October 2013 ( "Promotion Period" collectively with Promotion Period).
- To enter Promotion, you must (1) download the FIFA 14 Demo during the Promotion Period to indicate your participation; and (2) play the FIFA 14 game while logged on Xbox Live; and (3) maintain your Xbox LIVE Gold membership throughout the Promotion Period.
- Entry Limit: Only one entry is permitted per person.
Prizes and How to Win.
- You will win an autographed BPL jersey T-shirt if you (1) successfully download the FIFA 14 Demo, (2) maintain your Xbox LIVE Gold membership throughout the Promotion Period; and (3) spend the most amount of time on the FIFA 14 game during the Promotion Period while logged on Xbox LIVE, among all participants in your country of residence. There will be only 1 winner per country. The above description or any visual representation of the autographed BPL jersey T-shirt is for illustrative purposes only, and may vary from the actual prize. We encourage all players to follow the Xbox Healthy Gaming Guide http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/HealthyGamingGuide when participating in the Contest.
- Microsoft and Electronic Arts reserve the right to select another prizewinner if the original prizewinner is subsequently disqualified from the Promotion.
Results of the Promotion
- If you have won in the Promotion, Electronic Arts will notify you by email by 25 October, 2013 to ask for your mailing address in order to send the autographed BPL jersey T-shirt to you by registered mail. If Electronic Arts does not receive a reply from you in accordance with the specific instructions in its notification email within 14 days from the date it is sent, your prize will be forfeited. For clarity, neither Microsoft nor Electronic Arts shall be held liable for non-delivery of the prize due to your failure to provide a correct and valid mailing address or other reasons not attributable to Microsoft or Electronic Arts. The autographed BPL jersey T-shirt is sponsored by the Barclays Premier League. Microsoft is not the prize provider and is not responsible for the administration of the prize in any way.
Redeeming the Prizes
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prizes cannot be used in combination with any other prize competitions, promotions or discounts.
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize. Microsoft may choose not to award the prize to you unless you satisfy the applicable tax or reporting obligations under the applicable laws.
- If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same estimated or recommended retail price.
- If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Promotion.
If you are a prizewinner, except where prohibited by law, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without any compensation or notice to you.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
- To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Promotion or winning (or not winning) any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, you undertake to indemnify and keep Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them due to your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising from your participation in the Promotion or winning (or not winning) any prize.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Any form of automated entry using other devices or software is invalid. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this Promotion, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Microsoft is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Promotion-related materials or for registrations, entry forms or submissions that are incomplete, lost or misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error, including inability to access any website associated with the Promotion. Proof of online submission shall not constitute proof of receipt by Microsoft.
- Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion. If, because of any such problem, this Promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the Promotion's administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, Microsoft may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Promotion in any way.
If you are resident of Australia, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-au/default.mspx.
If you are a resident of Hong Kong, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-hk/default.mspx
If you are a resident of India, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-in/default.mspx.
If you are a resident of New Zealand, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-nz/default.mspx.
If you are a resident of Singapore, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-sg/default.mspx.
If you are a resident of Taiwan, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/zh-tw/default.mspx. We will only use your personal information during the Promotion Period and only in Taiwan. You may choose not to provide your personal information. If you choose not to provide your personal information, you will not be eligible to participate in this promotion and Microsoft is not able to award the prize to you. You may ask to check, view, ask a copy, supplement, correct, delete, or cease collecting, processing or using your personal information.
If you are a resident of Korea, please see: http://privacy.microsoft.com/ko-kr/default.mspx.
Changes to Terms and Conditions.
To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the Promotion or any element of the Promotion for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside of Microsoft's control.
This Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws as set out in Section 1 above. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws. You are responsible for ensuring that you comply with all applicable laws in participating in the Promotion. If Microsoft discovers that your participation in the Promotion was in breach of applicable laws, you shall be disqualified from the Promotion.
Microsoft's decision final and binding.
The decision of Microsoft in relation to the winners, or any other aspect of this Promotion, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.