Microsoft Points are the coin of the Xbox LIVE Marketplace realm. Microsoft Points is a universal system that works across international borders, and is even available if you don't have a credit card.
How Do I Get Microsoft Points?
Purchasing Points is like putting money into a special account that you can use on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. There are several ways to get them:
- Purchase Microsoft Points on your console dashboard or here on Xbox.com using a credit card.
- Purchase a Microsoft Points Card from a video game or online retailer and enter the code to redeem your points.
In addition, Microsoft Points are often awarded to sweepstakes winners and to participants in other promotions like Summer of Arcade.
You can buy games, add-ons, videos, TV shows,
and more with Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
What Can I Get with Microsoft Points?
Points let everyone on Xbox LIVE—free and Gold members—pick up content to enhance their entertainment experience, opening up the Marketplace to everyone in the world that is connected to Xbox LIVE. Here are a few of the things you can get:
- Full Xbox 360 games from Games on Demand—start playing in minutes!
- Hit Arcade and Indie games to download to your console.
- Extra maps, missions, levels, vehicles, and more with add-on packs for your favorite games.
- Avatar accessories like outfits, hats, or even a special animated pet.
- Rent or buy full movies or TV shows on demand from Zune Video.