If your account has been compromised, you may encounter one of two possible scenarios:
- When you sign into Xbox LIVE you receive a message that your account has been "recovered to another console."
- You can still sign into your account but you notice unauthorized Xbox LIVE charges on your credit card statement
In either scenario, follow the steps below:
1. Change PasswordWhen you suspect something suspicious has happened with your account, you should change your passwords immediately. Go to http://accounts.live.com and see if you can still log into your Windows LIVE account.
If you can, change your password immediately, under Account Information section and move to step 2.
If not then skip to Step 3.
2. Recover AccountRecovering the account invalidates any other copies of your Xbox LIVE profile that may be on someone else’s console. To learn how to do this click here.
3. How was it stolen?
Review the account theft types and see if you can identify possible causes. This information can be valuable for our support agents in getting your account back.
4. Call SupportCall Xbox support to report the issue. We will guide you through the next steps. To help us, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Your Windows LIVE ID associated with your gamertag
- An alternate email that needs to be different from the one associated with your Windows LIVE account.
- Your Console ID
- Your Console serial number
Do not report the issue via email support as we will need you to answer security questions over the phone.
Review Account Security Checklist
Become familiar with the security checklist so you know how to protect yourself in the future.