What is Xbox LIVE Arcade?
Xbox LIVE Arcade (XBLA) is a for-sale service within Xbox LIVE that offers downloadable Xbox games created specifically for the service.
Compared to traditional retail titles, these games are smaller, less expensive, and provide gamers with a more intense short-term experience.
What Can Xbox LIVE Arcade Do For You?
- Opportunities for Re-Invention and Innovation: Arcade is a great way to re-invent an IP, introduce unique game play, and bring new design concepts to market.
- Cut Down on Costs: Content development is generally significantly less than a retail game.
- No Shelf Life Limitations: Your game can produce a long tail of revenue since titles remain on the service indefinitely, at the discretion of Microsoft.
The Long Reach of Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE features include:
- More than 30 million active members worldwide
- Unbridled growth with a new member joining every 2 seconds
- More than 3 million Xbox LIVE members online during peak concurrency
- Over 850,000 daily transactions on Xbox LIVE
Distributing your game on Xbox LIVE Arcade
For developers already working with an account or business development manager, we recommend that you contact them directly. For new developers to XBLA, the process starts with a pitch regarding the game and your company. If the initial concept is approved, you will fill out an official Concept Submission Form, which will go through a more formal internal approval process. Before any game ideas are presented, you must sign a standard, mutual NDA. This protects both yourself and Microsoft. Learn more by emailing email@example.com.
You can also self-publish to the Xbox LIVE Indie Games channel; for more information about XBLIG, please visit App Hub at http://create.msdn.com/en-us/home/membership.
If you are considering submitting a game concept to us, please review Microsoft’s submissions policy.