MICROSOFT XBOX LIVE HALO 4 ULTIMATE DEATHMATCH TOURNAMENT (“TOURNAMENT”)
These are the official rules that govern how the Tournament will operate. In these rules, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Microsoft Regional Sales Corporation, the organizer of the Tournament. “You”, “yourself” and “Player” refer to an eligible Tournament entrant.
1. TOURNAMENT DESCRIPTION:
This is a skill-based competition in which Players compete against other Players on the Xbox Live gaming platform until a winner is determined.
2. CAN YOU ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Tournament if you meet the following requirements:
· You are a legal resident of Singapore who is 13 or older at the time of entry and if you are a minor below 12 year old, your parents or guardians have consented to your participation and have also agreed to these rules; and
· You have purchased the Xbox 360 Halo 4 game title; and
· You are not an employee, independent contractor or immediate family or household member of an employee or independent contractor of Microsoft, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Tournament.
4. HOW DO I REGISTER?
You must register at the Halo 4 event atrium on 6 November 2012 between 2.00pm to 7.30pm. You will need to present your photo ID and your purchased copy of the Xbox 360 Halo 4 game title for registration. Upon registration, you will be assigned a number tag that you must wear at all times during the Tournament. For re-registration, you will need to present the number tag.
5. HOW DO I PLAY?
There is no limit to the number of rounds or matches that will be played in this tournament.
You will be assigned into a group of 8 Players for each match. The assignment will be on a first-registered-first-play basis or otherwise at our discretion. Each match will start only when all 8 Players are seated. If you leave the match once it has started, you will be deemed disqualified from the match.
To win a match, you must achieve the highest number of kills in that group. If you win the match, you stay in the Tournament and may compete in another match. If you lose the match or are disqualified, you will not be able to compete in another match until you have re-registered for the Tournament. The maximum number of matches that you can re-register for is 3 times.
The map and/or weapon to be played or used respectively by the Players in each match will be determined by Microsoft in its sole discretion.
6. HOW WILL WINNERS BE DETERMINED?
The Player who wins the highest number of consecutive matches wins the Tournament and will be named the Death Match Champion, subject to verification of his/her eligibility and his/her compliance with all requirements imposed on the winner.
If there is a tie, we may in our sole discretion decide the Death Match Champion based on the Player with the highest number of kills accumulated either during the Tournament or during a tie-breaker match.
If you are the potential winner, you (or your parents or legal guardian, if you are minor) may be required to sign and return a declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release. If you (or your parents or legal guardian, if applicable) are determined to be the winner and do not return the Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity release completed and signed (if required), or are not otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules, you (or your parents or legal guardian, if applicable) will be disqualified and, we may, at our discretion, notify the next highest ranked eligible Player.
7. WHAT IS/ARE THE PRIZE(S)?
The winner will receive a Halo 4 trophy and SGD$2,000 cash.
If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. We will only award one (1) prize per person. If you are selected as a potential winner of this Tournament:
· You must accept your prize in person at Halo 4 event atrium at the time as may be specified by us, and you must present your photo ID and your copy of the Xbox 360 Halo 4 game title for verification.
· You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services.
· You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, the prize will be forfeited and we reserve the right to award it to the next highest ranked eligible Player.
· If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes r elated to accepting the prize. If you are a minor, we may require, at our sole discretion, that your parent or legal guardian be designated as the winner and that such parent or legal guardian shall be entitled to the prize and shall consent to be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
8. WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS TOURNAMENT?
By entering this Tournament you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules;
· To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Microsoft, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Tournament or any prize won;
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Tournament; and
· That by accepting a prize, you agree that Microsoft may use your name and place of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Tournament, without payment or compensation.
10. WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE TOURNAMENT CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Tournament, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Tournament. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Tournament, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Tournament.
Computer “hacking” is unlawful. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Tournament by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Tournament, so please play fairly.
At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft uses the information you provide to conduct the Tournament. Microsoft will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have required, or as required by law. Microsoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above.
12. GOVERNING LAW
This Tournament will be governed by the laws of Singapore, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Singapore courts for any disputes arising out of this Tournament.