“XBOX CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE EXO CONTEST”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win a prize, a participant must be a legal resident of Canada and of the age of majority in his or her province of residence at the time of entry. Any potential participant who is an employee, representative and/or agent of Microsoft Corporation (“Sponsor”) or its affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives or agents (the “Sponsor-related Parties”), or a member of the respective immediate families (which for the purpose of these rules shall be defined to mean parent, child, spouse or sibling) of such persons or anyone with whom such persons are domiciled is ineligible to participate in this Contest. The Sponsor has the right to require at any time proof of identity, age and/or eligibility of any participant in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in disqualification.
2. In order for participants to be eligible for the Xbox Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Contest (the “Contest”), participants must earn three (3) designated in-game achievements (Second Skin, Escape Artist, and Exo Survival Veteran; see notice provided on XBox One or xbox.ca), while playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox One between 12:00 a.m. ET November 18, 2014 and 11:59 p.m. ET December 9, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Participants who successfully earn all three (3) achievements during the Contest Period will be eligible to win a prize (see paragraph 7 for prizing details).
PLEASE NOTE: On entry into this Contest, in accordance with federal laws of Canada concerning spam communications, you will be asked to expressly consent to our contacting you by telephone, email, Xbox account or otherwise solely in connection with this Contest. If you do not wish to be so contacted and you do not expressly consent, you cannot enter the Contest. Your consent will apply solely to this Contest and will not include future communications, except where you have otherwise consented including within these Contest rules.
3. How to enter:
a) For XBox One, enter all information through your XBox Live account, as directed; OR
b) For no-purchase entry, obtain a mail-in entry form by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Xbox Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Contest
559 College Street, Suite 301
Toronto, Ontario, M6G 1A9
and complete and return the entry form, post-marked December 9, 2014, or earlier, including a one hundred and fifty (150)-word essay about your favourite Xbox moment. Mail-in entry forms will not be distributed after the end of the Contest Period. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. The Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries.
Only one (1) entry per eligible person will be entered into the prize draw, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries received in violation of these Contest rules will be void and may result in disqualification of the participant entirely. Only one (1) email address per participant may be used in connection with this Contest. Use of automated devices is prohibited; automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification. The Sponsor’s clock is the official time-keeping device to determine date and time of entry.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, entries must be, and will be deemed, made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Draws for Prizes:
Eligible participants who successfully qualify during the Contest Period or who have successfully returned the mail-in entry form by the end of the Contest Period will be entered into the prize draw. The potential winner will be selected by random draw on December 12, 2014, at approximately 11:00 a.m. ET (the “Draw Date”). The draw will be held in Toronto, Ontario. The chances of being selected in the draw depend upon the number of eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period.
5. The selected participant will be notified by e-mail associated with their entry, or by telephone at the number provided on entry, within fourteen (14) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
6. If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by e-mail or telephone within forty-eight (48) hours of the initial contact, or otherwise does not meet all Contest conditions and/or fully comply with these Contest rules, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries, until all prizes have been awarded or until the ultimate forfeiture date set out in paragraph 11 below.
The winner may choose to be awarded Prize Pack A or Prize Pack B. There is one (1) prize pack available to be won. All valuations listed are in Canadian dollars ($CAD)
Prize Pack A: The winner will receive:
In addition, up to four (4) of the winner’s friends (all of whom must also be eligible Contest entrants), as chosen by the winner, will each receive an identical prize pack (a “Friend Prize Pack”) consisting of:
If all four (4) Friend Prize Packs are awarded, Prize Pack A has a total retail value of approximately $750. If the winner awards fewer than four
(4) Friend Prize Packs, the remaining Friend Prize Packs will be forfeited.
Prize Pack B: The winner will receive:
In addition, five (5) other participants who successfully entered the Contest will be randomly selected by the Sponsor and awarded one (1) Xbox Gift Card each (approximate retail value of $50 each).
Prize Pack B has a total retail value of approximately $500.
8. Awarded prizes will be delivered by courier (or electronically in the case of coupons, points or memberships, if applicable) within eight (8) weeks of confirmation of the declared winner’s return of the declaration and release referred to in Paragraph 11 below. All taxes (if any) related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes described in paragraph 7 above with prizes of equal or greater value.
9. By entering, all participants agree to abide by these official rules and regulations and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
10. All participants hereby give permission to the Sponsor to use the participant’s gamer tag (if relevant) solely for purposes of advertising and promoting this Contest and Xbox. If you do not wish to have your gamer tag used in this manner, please do not enter the Contest.
11. To be declared an official winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release the Sponsor and the Sponsor-related Parties from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consent to the use of the participant’s name (including gamer tag, if relevant), address (city and Province only), likeness and/or image for publicity purposes in all media including, without limitation, social media. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, gamer tag, address (city and Province only), photograph, likeness, voice or statement without further compensation to the winner.
If all of the requirements described in this paragraph 11 are not completed and delivered to the Sponsor within seven (7) business days of the communication to the selected entrant that he or she has been selected to win a prize, the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize. If a winner of a prize cannot be confirmed by February 12, 2015, then the unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited.
12. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
14. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
15. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Sponsor-related Parties are responsible for any telephone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, fragmented or delayed Internet/email computer transmissions or network/ISP/website/Internet accessibility. The Sponsor assumes no liability whatsoever for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction to or unauthorized alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for (a) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or line(s), computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software; (b) the failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or (c) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to participants or other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation in, or downloading any materials in connection with, this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right (with Régie consent, where required) to modify, suspend and/or cancel this Contest if fraud or technical failures negatively affect the integrity of the contest or should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any deliberate attempt to damage any website or undermine the legitimate administration of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
16. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Un différend quant à l’organisation ou à la conduite d’un concours publicitaire peut être soumis à la Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux afin qu’il soit tranché. Un différend quant à l’attribution d’un prix peut être soumis à la régie uniquement aux fins d’une intervention pour tenter de le régler.
18. The Sponsor reserves the right (with Régie consent, where required) to modify and amend these Contest Rules and Regulations as they appear on-line for clarification purposes and without materially affecting the Contest.
19. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these Contest Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
(c)2014 Microsoft Canada Inc. All rights reserved.