“ONE SOURCE CONTEST”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a legal resident of Canada and of the age of majority in his or her province of residence at the time of entry. Any potential participant who is an employee, representative and/or agent of Microsoft Corporation (“Sponsor”) or its affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives or agents (the “Sponsor-related Parties”), or a member of the respective immediate families (which for the purpose of these rules shall be defined to mean parent, child, spouse or sibling) of such persons or anyone with whom such persons are domiciled is ineligible to participate in this Contest.
2. The One Source Contest (the “Contest”) will run from 08:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) October 30, 2013, to 11:59 p.m. ET November 22, 2013 (“Contest Period”). Note, however, that: (a) only those eligible participants entering the Contest between 8:00 a.m. ET October 30, 2013, and 11:59 p.m. ET November 11, 2013, will be eligible for the First Prize Group set out in Paragraph 7 below; participants who enter prior to November 11, 2013, who are not selected as a winner in the First Prize Group draw will remain eligible for the Second and Third Prize Group prizes, as will those eligible participants entering from November 12, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. ET to the close of the Contest Period; and (b) only those eligible participants entering the Contest between 8:00 a.m. ET October 30, 2013, and 11:59 p.m. ET November 17, 2013, will be eligible for the Second Prize Group set out in Paragraph 7 below; participants who enter prior to November 17, 2013, who are not selected as a winner in the First Prize Group draw or the Second Prize Group draw will remain eligible for the Third Prize Group prizes, as will those eligible participants entering from November 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. ET to the close of the Contest Period.
3. Eligible participants may enter the Contest by one of two means:
a) Be an active subscriber to Xbox LIVE and download the featured Contest gamer pic identified at www.xbox.ca/onesource/rules and then complete all entry details as directed.
b) Mail-in entry: Print or type your full name, mailing address, date of birth, email address, daytime telephone number and a 50-word story about what excites you the most about Xbox One® on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and mail it to:
“One Source” Contest
559 College Street, Suite 301
Toronto, Ontario, M6G 1A9
Mail-in entry forms for each Period must be received by the Sponsor at the above address by the close of the relevant Period. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will not be accepted. The Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected entries.
Only one (1) entry per eligible person will be entered into the draw regardless of the method of entry. Multiple entries received in violation of these Contest rules will be void. Each entry must be submitted separately by the entrant him or herself. Only one (1) email address and Xbox Live account per person may be used in connection with this Contest. Use of automated devices is prohibited; automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification. The Sponsor’s clock is the official time-keeping device to determine date and time of entry.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, entries must be, and will be deemed, made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. Draws for Prizes:
All eligible participants who have entered the Contest between its opening and November 10, 2013 at 11:59 p.m., will be included in a random draw for the First Prize Group prizes described in Paragraph 7 below. The draw for the First Prize Group will be held on November 13, 2013 at approximately 10:00 a.m. All eligible participants (except declared winner(s) of the First Prize Group) entering the Contest between its opening and November 17, 2013 at 11:59 p.m., will be included in a random draw for the Second Prize Group prizes described in Paragraph 7 below. All eligible participants (except declared winner(s) of First Prize Group prizes or Second Prize Group prizes) entering the Contest at any time during the Contest Period will be included in a random draw for the Third Prize Group prizes described in Paragraph 7 below. The draws for the Second Prize Group and Third Prize Group will be held at approximately 10:00 a.m. on November 25, 2013. The odds of being selected in any of the draws depend upon the number of eligible online and mail-in entries received in respect of the relevant period.
5. Selected participants will be notified by text message over Xbox LIVE to the participant’s account, by e-mail associated with their Xbox LIVE account, or by telephone at the number provided on entry, within seven (7) days of the draw and, prior to being declared a winner, will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
6. If a selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by text message, e-mail or telephone within forty-eight (48) hours of the initial contact, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions and/or fully comply with these contest rules, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
a) There are three (3) FIRST PRIZE GROUP PACKS available to be won, with each prize pack consisting of:
- Economy, return airfare for two (2) to Toronto, Ontario
- One (1) hotel room for two (2) nights
- Ground transportation to and from the Launch Event on November 21, 2013
- $300 CAD of spending money
- One (1) Xbox One console
- One (1) Ryse: Son of Rome Xbox One game
- One (1) Dead Rising 3 Xbox One game
- One (1) Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One game
Each FIRST PRIZE GROUP PACK has an approximate retail value of $5680.00 CAD.
(b) (i) There are five (5) SECOND PRIZE GROUP GRAND PRIZES available to be won, with each prize consisting of:
- One (1) 42” LED TV
Each SECOND PRIZE GROUP GRAND PRIZE has an approximate retail value of $1000.00 CAD.
(ii) There are one hundred (100) SECOND PRIZE GROUP SECONDARY PRIZE PACKS available to be won, with each prize pack consisting of:
- One (1) $100 Gift Card for the Xbox Live Store
- One (1) year of Xbox Live GOLD subscription
b) There are fifteen (15) THIRD PRIZE GROUP PRIZE PACKS available to be won, with each prize pack consisting of:
- One (1) Xbox One console
- One (1) $1000 Gift Card for a major Canadian electronics retailer
- One (1) Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One game
Each THIRD PRIZE GROUP PRIZE PACK has an approximate retail value of $1560.00 CAD.
Sponsor may announce additional prizes as the Contest continues, so be sure to consult these Contest Rules and www.xbox.ca to stay informed as to any developments.
8. Awarded prizes will be delivered by courier (or electronically in the case of gift cards, if applicable) within eight (8) weeks of confirmation of the declared winner’s return of the declaration and release referred to in Paragraph 10 below. All taxes (if any) related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes described above in Paragraph 7 with prizes of equal or greater value. Only one (1) prize will be awarded to any one (1) participant in this Contest.
9. Details concerning travel prize(s): The trip described in the First Prize Group prizing is intended to allow the selected participant(s) to participate in the launch party for XBox One, which is scheduled to occur in Toronto, Ontario on November 21, 2013. A participant’s and/or guest’s unavailability to travel around and for that date will result in forfeiture of the prize, and the Sponsor retains the right to select alternate eligible entrants. Selected entrant(s) and his/her/their guest(s) must be available to travel at the same time and on the same date. Spending money, hotel mini bar items, taxes, flight departure fees and taxes, optional seat selection fees, additional checked luggage fees, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, other transfers (including from your home to the departure airport nominated by the Sponsor), other hotel incidentals and any other expenses not stated as being included in the Grand Prize are not included and will be the full responsibility of the winner(s) and his/her guest(s). All travel dates, accommodation on board the plane and hotel accommodation are subject to space availability and subject to change without notice or compensation. The airline used for travel will be determined by the Sponsor based on the date/time of trip and airline availability. It is the winner’s and guest’s responsibility to obtain all necessary travel documentation including valid passports and visas, if applicable, prior to ticketing and to comply with any customs and/or immigration requirements. Sponsor is not responsible if any winner and/or guest is denied access to the aircraft or entry/re-entry into destination province. In such an event, such winner and/or guest will be solely responsible for any expenses incurred and the Grand Prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part. It is recommended that each winner and each guest obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Winner(s) and guest(s) must all comply with all hotel check-in requirements including, without limitation, the presentation of a major credit card. If the winner(s) and/or guest(s) do not utilize any part(s) of the Grand Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place. All travel and hotel arrangements relating to the Grand Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents. The Grand Prize may not be used toward any type of frequent-flyer mileage or other reward point accumulation program. If the winner(s) and/or guest(s) elect to upgrade his or her travel package, extend the length of his/her trip or stop along the way, this will be at the winner’s and/or guest’s own expense.
10. By entering, all participants agree to abide by these official rules and regulations and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. All participants hereby give permission to the Sponsor to use the participant’s gamer tag solely for purposes of advertising and promoting this Contest and the Xbox. If you do not wish to have your gamer tag used in this manner, please do not enter the Contest.
11. To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release the Sponsor and the Sponsor-related Parties from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consent to the use of the participant’s name (including Gamer Tag), address (city and Province only), likeness and/or image for publicity purposes in all media including, without limitation, social media. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, Gamer Tag, address (city and Province only), photograph, likeness, voice or statement without further compensation to the winner.
If all of the requirements described in this Paragraph 10 are not completed and delivered to the Sponsor within seven (7) business days of the communication to the selected entrant that he or she has won a prize, the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize. If winners cannot be confirmed by January 23, 2013, then-unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited.
12. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
13. No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with those selected to win a prize.
14. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
15. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Sponsor-related Parties are responsible for any telephone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, fragmented or delayed Internet/email computer transmissions or network/ISP/website/Internet accessibility. The Sponsor assumes no liability whatsoever for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction to or unauthorized alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for (a) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or line(s), computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software; (b) the failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or (c) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to participants or other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation in, or downloading any materials in connection with, this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right (with Régie consent, where required) to modify, suspend and/or cancel this Contest if fraud or technical failures negatively affect the integrity of the contest or should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any deliberate attempt to damage any website or undermine the legitimate administration of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
16. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Un différend quant à l’organisation ou à la conduite d’un concours publicitaire peut être soumis à la Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux afin qu’il soit tranché. Un différend quant à l’attribution d’un prix peut être soumis à la régie uniquement aux fins d’une intervention pour tenter de le régler.
18. The Sponsor reserves the right (with Régie consent, where required) to modify and amend these Contest Rules and Regulations as they appear on-line for clarification purposes and without materially affecting the Contest.
19. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these Contest Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
(c)2013 Microsoft Canada Inc. All rights reserved.