NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Xbox LIVE Watch to Win Contest (“Contest”) you agree unconditionally to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent in fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is sponsored solely by Microsoft Canada Inc.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding for the province of Quebec) who are the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Canada Inc. (“Microsoft”) (“Sponsor”), Procter & Gamble Inc. (“P&G”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), Microsoft Contingent Staff, and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Contest (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Contest as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Void in the province of Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 7, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 28, 2013 (“Contest Period”). Microsoft’s Xbox system is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must have access to the internet, an Xbox 360® console and be an Xbox LIVE Gold or free member in good standing (visit http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/live/join to become a member). Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you will automatically receive one (1) entry during the Contest Period when you navigate to the Xbox LIVE Watch to Win landing page on the Xbox LIVE Dashboard, watch the free available video, and after the video is complete, confirm compliance with the Official Rules by checking off the box and submit your entry by clicking the “Submit” button during the Contest Period as instructed.
a) Updating Account Information: Potential winners will be contacted using the contact information tied to the Xbox LIVE Gamertag used to earn an entry. Entrants are responsible to ensure Xbox LIVE Gamertag profile information, including e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, is correct and current. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox LIVE Dashboard from your Xbox 360® console.
b) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. The use of automated devices to enter this Contest is prohibited. Microsoft and Procter & Gamble Inc. assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Microsoft’s property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or around July 12, 2013 at 10 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) in New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States, GMR will randomly select the potential winners as follows: seven (7) Grand Prize winners, followed by seven (7) First Prize winners, and then seventy (70) Second Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
a) Seven (7) Grand Prizes: Twenty thousand (20,000) Microsoft Points. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is two hundred and eight five dollars and seventy one cents ($285.71 CAD).
b) Seven (7) First Prizes: Ten thousand (10,000) Microsoft Points. The ARV of each First Prize is one hundred and forty two dollars and eight six cents ($142.86 CAD).
c) Seventy (70) Second Prizes: Four thousand eight hundred (4,800) Microsoft Points. The ARV of each Second Prize is sixty eight dollars and fifty seven cents ($68.57 CAD).
Microsoft Points will expire at 11:59 p.m. ET on January 1, 2015. Winners must SPEND these Microsoft Points prior to this expiration date. Microsoft Points to be delivered in the form of code(s) via email to the potential winners’ Xbox LIVE account profile with redemption instructions. Terms and conditions of Microsoft Points apply. Any costs or expenses associated with the Prize not expressed herein or any purchase made with the Microsoft Points that exceeds the value of the points will be the responsibility of selected winner.
d) Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: Seven thousand seven hundred and ninety nine dollars and eight nine cents ($7,799.89 CAD).
All prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be sold or exchanged, not refundable, or redeemable for cash except in Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual prize and the stated approximate prize value, if any.
5) WINNERS: The winners will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand and First Prize Winners: The potential Grand and First Prize winners will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address indicated on each potential Grand and First Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile on or about July 26, 2013. The e-mail notification will include a link to the Microsoft Skills Test For Canadian Prize Winners website (“Skills Test Website”). In order to be declared a winner, selected entrants must follow the instructions on the Skills Test Website, including correctly answering a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance within one hundred and twenty (120) hours of initial notification of selection, and have complied in full with these Official Rules. Failure to comply will result in disqualification and random selection of another potential winner, time and circumstances permitting. The potential Grand and First Prize winners must also complete, sign, and return the presented declaration of eligibility, liability release, and publicity release (the “Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Grand and First Prizes will be e-mailed within eight (8) weeks following successful completion of the skill-testing question and the Documents to the e-mail address associated with each Grand and First Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. If notified winner is not eligible, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, forfeits prize, declines prize, or does not meet any of the other Official Rule requirements, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a Grand or First Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. No correspondence pertaining to this Contest will be entered into except with potential winner(s).
b) Second Prize Winners: The potential Second Prize winners will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address indicated on each potential Second Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile on or about July 26, 2013. The e-mail notification will include a link to the Microsoft Skills Test For Canadian Prize Winners website (“Skills Test Website”). In order to be declared a winner, selected entrants must follow the instructions on the Skills Test Website, including correctly answering a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance within one hundred and twenty (120) hours of initial notification of selection, and have complied in full with these Official Rules. Failure to comply will result in disqualification and random selection of another potential winner, time and circumstances permitting. Second Prizes will be e-mailed within eight (8) weeks following successful completion of the skill-testing question to the e-mail address associated with each Second Prize winner’s Xbox LIVE account profile. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. If notified winner is not eligible, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, forfeits prize, declines prize, or does not meet any of the other Official Rule requirements, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a Second Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. No correspondence pertaining to this Contest will be entered into except with potential winner(s).
c) Publicity Release: Contest winner further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper first and last names, province/territory, and Xbox LIVE Gamertags online, in print, in a winners list and in any other media in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winners’ names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all media known or hereafter devised including the Internet, without compensation related to this Contest.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Xbox LIVE account profile by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Contest. This Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the Province of Ontario for any disputes arising out of this Contest. All federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims and liability arising out of the redemption, and use of prize and assumes all liability for any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, redemption or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest Sponsor and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Contest offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. In case of a dispute concerning the identity of the individual who submitted the Contest entry, the entrant will be deemed to be the account holder of the Xbox LIVE account under which the entry was submitted.
7) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest. In any such event, Microsoft, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. Microsoft and the other Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Microsoft and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Microsoft on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8) WINNERS LIST: The names and/or Xbox LIVE Gamertags of any major prize winners (prized valued $25 CAD or greater) will be posted online on or around September 6, 2013 at: xbox.com/winners and this list will remain posted for at least thirty (30) days.
9) SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Microsoft Canada Inc., 1950 Meadowvale Boulevard, Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9, Canada.
10) ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
11) ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may collect the personal information submitted by you, and use the information pursuant to Microsoft’s Privacy Statement available online at http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/default.mspx.
The Sponsor is responsible for the rules, administration and execution of the contest, including awarding and distribution of all prizing. Sponsor acknowledges that Procter & Gamble Inc. will not be held liable for any aspect of the contest.