XBOX LIVE AND MOUNTAIN DEW WATCH TO WIN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Xbox LIVE and Mountain Dew Watch To Win Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") you agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Canada who are the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Microsoft Canada, Inc. ("Microsoft") ("Sponsor"), PepsiCo, Inc. ("PepsiCo"), GMR Marketing LLC ("GMR"), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above's respective affiliate, subsidiary, parent or related companies (collectively, the "Released Parties") and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on April 6, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 1, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
3) HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter—either online via an Xbox 360® console or via e-mail.
a) To enter online via an Xbox 360® console, you must have access to an Xbox 360® console and be an Xbox LIVE Gold or free member in good standing. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you will automatically receive one (1) entry when you navigate to Mountain Dew's landing page on the Xbox LIVE Dashboard, watch the available video, and click the designated area during the Sweepstakes Period as instructed.
i) Updating Account Information: Potential winners will be contacted using the contact information tied to the Xbox LIVE Gamertag used to earn an entry. Please be sure that your Xbox LIVE Gamertag profile information, including e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, is correct and current. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox LIVE Dashboard from your Xbox 360® console.
b) To enter by e-mail without purchase, registering, or accessing the Xbox LIVE Dashboard on the Xbox LIVE service, draft an e-mail with the subject line "Xbox LIVE & Mountain Dew" and include in the body of the e-mail your name, address, city, province, postal code, daytime phone number, and e-mail address and send the e-mail to email@example.com. E-mail entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible.
c) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person/authorized e-mail account holder, regardless of method of entry. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. Microsoft assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Microsoft's property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or around May 15, 2012 at 10 a.m. Central Time ("CT") in New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States, GMR will randomly select five (5) potential Grand Prize Winners from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
Five (5) grand prizes available to be won, each consisting of 80,000 Microsoft Points (each, a "Grand Prize"). The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize is $1,142 CAD (ARV of all prizes combined: $5,710 CAD).
The expiration date of the Microsoft Points awarded in the Grand Prizes will be provided upon delivery, if applicable. Winners must SPEND these Microsoft Points prior to this expiration date.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or otherwise. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable.
5) WINNERS: The winners will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand Prize Winners: The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified on or about May 29, 2012 via phone/email address to the phone number/e-mail address associated with each Grand Prize winner's Xbox LIVE account/e-mail entry. In order to be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question unaided and without mechanical or other assistance within one hundred and twenty (120) hours of initial notification of selection, and have complied in full with these Official Rules. The skill-testing question will be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time. The Grand Prize winners must complete, sign, and return the Sponsor's declaration of eligibility, liability release, and publicity release (the "Documents") within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Return of any prize as undeliverable or if potential Grand Prize winner: (a) is not eligible; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question within the time given; (c) fails to return the Documents as required; (d) forfeits, or declines prize; or (e) otherwise does not comply with these official Rules, an alternate entrant may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
b) Publicity Release: Grand Prize winners further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper names, provinces/territories, and Xbox LIVE Gamertags online and in print and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winners' names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant's Xbox LIVE account profile/e-mail entry by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the Province of Ontario for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes. All federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, provincial, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to residents of Quebec, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to residents of Quebec, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In any such event, Microsoft, at its sole discretion, may randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. Microsoft and the other Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Microsoft and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Microsoft on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8) RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation concerning the conduct or administration of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Canada Inc., 1950 Meadowvale Boulevard, Mississauga, ON, L5N 8L9, Canada.
10) ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
11) PRIZE SUPPLIER: PepsiCo Canada is a prize supplier, and not connected to the management of this contest.