The purpose of this Q&A is for Zune users to learn where to find information and support for their Zune products and services, and to learn how to take advantage of the Xbox Music and Xbox Video stores.
- What’s changing with Zune Marketplace?
- With the Fall 2013 release of the Xbox 360 update, Microsoft Points are being retired. As part of this update, Zune Marketplace no longer supports rental and purchase of content, or browsing movies and TV shows. Transactions on Xbox 360 are taking place using your local currency instead of Microsoft Points, offering you a new, convenient way to purchase exciting Xbox content.
- Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Points to make purchases on Zune?
- If you have a remaining Microsoft Points balance, you can transition your Microsoft account from Microsoft Points to local currency by initiating a purchase or redeeming a Microsoft Points card or code on your Xbox 360, or in the Video app or Music app on a Windows 8.1 tablet or PC. At that time, we’ll add to your account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Xbox stores value of your Microsoft Points. Beginning as early as November 22, you can also transition your account to local currency by initiating a purchase or redeeming a Microsoft Points card on your Xbox One or at XboxVideo.com.
- Once Microsoft Points are fully retired, will I still be able to use Zune to enjoy the music, movies, and TV shows in my personal collection?
- Yes, you will still be able to stream unlimited music with your Xbox Music Pass and enjoy playback of the music, movies, and TV shows in your personal collection. The video content you’ve purchased through Zune Marketplace will be available to you on Xbox Video stores, and the music content you purchased through Zune Marketplace transfers over to Xbox Music and will be available to stream in your cloud collection.
- Where will I be able to purchase movies and TV shows?
- For video, you can now purchase or rent the latest blockbuster movies and TV shows using your local currency on Xbox Video. Xbox Video is available now on your Xbox 360, Xbox One, on the web at XboxVideo.com and on Windows 8.1 and RT PCs and tablets. It will also be available on Windows Phone 8 as early as this holiday. And, the video content you’ve purchased through Zune Marketplace will be available to you on all of these Xbox Video stores.
- Where will I be able to purchase Music?
- You can purchase your favorite songs and albums, including the latest new releases, on Windows 8.1 PCs and tablets. Xbox Music also allows you to stream millions of songs for free at Music.Xbox.com or sign up for an Xbox Music Pass to stream songs and play them on your PC, tablet, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or the web.
- Will this impact my ability to use my Zune Music Pass?
- No. You will still be able to stream or download songs with your Zune Music Pass. If you are on the original Zune Music Pass, you will also continue to be able to redeem your 10 monthly song credits through the Zune Marketplace.
- Where can I find out more about Microsoft Points retiring?
- For more information please visit www.xbox.com/pointsfaq.
For further questions about your Microsoft Points please contact customer support.
For additional information and details on upgrading to Xbox Music and Xbox Video, please visit xbox.com/music and xbox.com/video.